St Dunstan's Hill
St Dunstan in the East is a church ruin that was a building restored by Christopher Wren. The church was built in 1100 and was destroyed during the Great Fire of London in 1666.
The site was destroyed during the Second World War and in 1967, it was decided it would become a public garden. It was opened in 1970.
The tower still stands but the interior now is an open space, open to all visitors to relax in its gardens. This green oasis has benches and a fountain with greenery draping the historic walls.
Keep up to date with the latest news ...