St Edmund King
60 Lombard St
St Edmund is a church that dates back to Medieval London based on Lombard Street. It is a partner church of St Clement Eastcheap and St Mary Woolnoth.
The original building was destroyed during the Great Fire in 1666 and was rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren. The tower ornaments are flaming urns in remembrance of the Great Fire. The medieval church is believed to have been located on the western edge of a Roman Basilica and therefore it is likely to have significant Roman archaeological remains below ground.
The church faced damage during the Blitz but survived. Like St Mary Woolnoth, St Edmund is in Lombard Street but stands out due to its large spire that was added in 1710.
Keep up to date with the latest news ...